Monday, March 17, 2014

Shepard-Acres Homes Library is now a float hub

Hi team,

Acres Homes is going to be a Float Hub to take some of Meyer’s overflow. There is going to be a training soon (Collection Development will be coming out to do the training).

I have already been trained on how to do the Float Hub, since Dixon started while I was still there. Meyer is going to go ahead and send some boxes/bins to Acres. I anticipate they are probably going to arrive on a day when I’m not there. When the bins arrive, the first thing to do is check in all of the items, and if any activate holds, go ahead and fill the holds. Anyone can do this. I propose that someone checks in the items, and then leave all of the items on a cart. That way, when Collection Development comes out, we’ll have some examples to work with.

We should also figure out which shelves in the workroom we’d like to use for the project. Collection Development believes we can handle 4 bins/boxes per week, since there are shelves in the workroom we can use.

Thanks!


Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment